Set up new token method (Multi Factor Authentication)
Login with your BUAS credentials
Password: Your personal password
There are 4 contact options from which you can choose:
-Mobile App (Microsoft Authenticator)
Choose default option "Text message".
Please select "Netherlands +31" as country code.
Fill in your mobile phone number
Click "Text me now"
Now you will receive a text message with a verification code.
Fill in the verification code and click "Sign in"
Your phone nu,ber is registered to the multi-factor authentication server and ready to use.
Change authentication method or phone number for MFA
Please Note: This guide only works if you have access to your current authentication method (old phone number).Step 1 of 8
Step 2 of 8
To make sure your experience is the same as this guide, set the language to English in the top right dropdown menu.
Step 3 of 8
Login with your BUAS email address and Password. Depending on the current settings one of these will occur:
- You will receive a phone call requesting you to press the Pound key ("#").
- You will receive a verification code via SMS. Enther the One-Time Passcode and click "Authenticate".
Step 4 of 8
Click on "Change Method" on the left-hand side under "My Account".
Step 5 of 8
Here you can select the desired method from the dropdown menu.
Step 6 of 8
Click "Save" after you have selected the desired method.
Step 7 of 8
Click "Change Phone" on the left-hand side under "My Account".
Step 8 of 8
- If your method is "Text message", you can enter your mobile phone number here and click "Save".
- If your method is "Phone call" you can enter your primary and backup phone number and click "Save".
Your authentication method has now been changed.
Activate Microsoft authenticator app
First download and install the Microsoft Authenticator for your mobile device by using the following link for your operating system:
• Windows Mobile
Activating the mobile app
• Open a web browser on your computer and go to https://mfa.buas.nl/multifactorauth/
And login with your BUAS Credentials.
Password: Your BUAS password
• Authenticate your login with the currently preferred authentication method.
• Click on "Activate Mobile app" in the left sidebar and generate a new activation code.
A QR Code and activation code will be shown. To complete the activation open the Authenticator App on your mobile device.
• Click on "Work- or schoolaccount" (when prompted allow the application to use your camera) and scan the QR Code with your mobile device.
You will see that a token is created. Your authentication app is now activated.
Changing your preferred authentication method
• Click on "Change method" in the left sidebar of the MFA portal on your computer.
In the drop down menu under "Methode" select "Mobile App" and Press "Save".
Your account is now ready to use the Microsoft Authentication app.
Login NHTV@Work through MyPortal
Login NHTV@Work via myportal.buas.nl, if you have succesfully configured the Multi Factor Autentication.
Click the Citrix icon.
Click the NHTV@Work icon, NHTV@Work will start.
How to edit (add and remove) your application tiles
Standard you only see mandatory tiles.
You can select your own favorite applications by clicking on the tab “My Tiles”.
You can add or remove any tiles from the list of applications (except the mandatory tiles).
You can add more tiles by clicking on “My Tiles” and the “Edit” button.
Click on the green star to move the tile from “All Tiles” to “My Tiles".
The green star on this tile disappears to indicate that it has already been added to "My Tiles".
If you want to remove the tile, click on the red recycle bin under "My Tiles".
You must confirm the executed actions by clicking on "Save".
If you return to the "Home" page you will see the result
Source: ICT Support N0.406