Set up new token method (Multi Factor Authentication)
It is only possible to set up the new MFA outside the Citrix environment.
Be noticed, you have to login on NHTV@Work via myportal.nhtv.nl, if you have succesfully configured the Multi Factor Autentication.
If you have succesfully configured the MFA, please return your "old" token to the servicedesk.
Activate Microsoft authenticator app
First download and install the Microsoft Authenticator for your mobile device by using the following link for your operating system:
• Windows Mobile
Activating the mobile app
• Open a web browser on your computer and go to mfa.nhtv.nl.
And login with your NHTV Credentials.
• Authenticate your login with the currently preferred authentication method.
• Click on "Activate Mobile app" in the left sidebar and generate a new activation code.
A QR Code and activation code will be shown. To complete the activation open the Authenticator App on your mobile device.
• Click on "Work- or schoolaccount" (when prompted allow the application to use your camera) and scan the QR Code with your mobile device.
You will see that a token is created. Your authentication app is now activated.
Changing your preferred authentication method
• Click on "Change method" in the left sidebar of the MFA portal on your computer.
In the drop down menu under "Methode" select "OATH token" and Press "Save".
Your account is now ready to use the Microsoft Authentication app.
Login NHTV@Work through MyPortal
Login NHTV@Work via myportal.nhtv.nl, if you have succesfully configured the Multi Factor Autentication.
Click All Applications
Click the Citrix icon.
Click the NHTV@Work icon, NHTV@Work will start.
Change authentication method or phone number for MFA
Please Note: This guide only works if you have access to your current authentication method (old phone number).Step 1 of 8
Step 2 of 8
To make sure your experience is the same as this guide, set the language to English in the top right dropdown menu.
Step 3 of 8
Login with your Username and Password. Depending on the current settings one of these will occur:
- You will receive a phone call requesting you to press the Pound key ("#").
- You will receive a verification code via SMS. Enther the One-Time Passcode and click "Authenticate".
Step 4 of 8
Click on "Change Method" on the left-hand side under "My Account".
Step 5 of 8
Here you can select the desired method from the dropdown menu.
Step 6 of 8
Click "Save" after you have selected the desired method.
Step 7 of 8
Click "Change Phone" on the left-hand side under "My Account".
Step 8 of 8
- If your method is "Text message", you can enter your mobile phone number here and click "Save".
- If your method is "Phone call" you can enter your primary and backup phone number and click "Save".
Your authentication method has now been changed.
What is the employee portal (MyPortal)
NHTV MyPortal tour video
How to select MyNews preferences
Instruction video how to select MyNews preferences
How to change language
Instruction video how to change language
How to change your NHTV password (not expired)
Instruction video how to change your NHTV password
How to change your NHTV password (if expired)
Login to the MyPortal with your username and password.
On the next screen (Change password) you have to put "dom1\" before your username: If you change your password outside NHTV you have to logon in Windows with your old password until you are entering a NHTV building.
Can I download and install the full office suite on my personal or NHTV devices ?
On the Office365 page there is a button to download and install the latest Office suite on 5 devices. This function is standard and unfortunately cannot be disabled at this moment.
To prevent any problems:
1. These licenses are not for personal use! Please do not install them on personal devices.
If you would like a version of the Office suite for personal use it is possible to order a version at Surfspot for a discount price (€ 10,75). You can find Surfspot on the employee portal.
2. Installing this office version on an NHTV device is possible but is not advised. There is no NHTV support available for newer versions of the office suite and it may result in compatibility issues with the current version (Office 2010).
How can I get access to the IT Academy ?
On the MyPortal there is a tile to access the IT Academy.
The employee portal is too large or too small for my screen, what can I do?
The display of the portal depends on the resolution and size of your screen. It could result in not readable text or the need to scroll.
This can easily be solved by zooming in or out for the size you prefer.
Within the employee portal (using internet explorer) you can:
Zoom in by pressing and holding the control button and then press the plus button (ctrl +) .
Zoom out by pressing and holding the control button and then press the minus button (ctrl -) .
Please contact the servicedesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 076 533 2233
Source: ICT Support N0.406