Set up new token method (Multi Factor Authentication)
It is only possible to set up the new MFA outside the Citrix environment.
Be noticed, you have to login on NHTV@Work via myportal.nhtv.nl, if you have succesfully configured the Multi Factor Autentication.
If you have succesfully configured the MFA, please return your "old" token to the servicedesk.
Change authentication method or phone number for MFA
Please Note: This guide only works if you have access to your current authentication method (old phone number).Step 1 of 8
Step 2 of 8
To make sure your experience is the same as this guide, set the language to English in the top right dropdown menu.
Step 3 of 8
Login with your Username and Password. Depending on the current settings one of these will occur:
- You will receive a phone call requesting you to press the Pound key ("#").
- You will receive a verification code via SMS. Enther the One-Time Passcode and click "Authenticate".
Step 4 of 8
Click on "Change Method" on the left-hand side under "My Account".
Step 5 of 8
Here you can select the desired method from the dropdown menu.
Step 6 of 8
Click "Save" after you have selected the desired method.
Step 7 of 8
Click "Change Phone" on the left-hand side under "My Account".
Step 8 of 8
- If your method is "Text message", you can enter your mobile phone number here and click "Save".
- If your method is "Phone call" you can enter your primary and backup phone number and click "Save".
Your authentication method has now been changed.
Activate Microsoft authenticator app
First download and install the Microsoft Authenticator for your mobile device by using the following link for your operating system:
• Windows Mobile
Activating the mobile app
• Open a web browser on your computer and go to mfa.nhtv.nl.
And login with your NHTV Credentials.
• Authenticate your login with the currently preferred authentication method.
• Click on "Activate Mobile app" in the left sidebar and generate a new activation code.
A QR Code and activation code will be shown. To complete the activation open the Authenticator App on your mobile device.
• Click on "Work- or schoolaccount" (when prompted allow the application to use your camera) and scan the QR Code with your mobile device.
You will see that a token is created. Your authentication app is now activated.
Changing your preferred authentication method
• Click on "Change method" in the left sidebar of the MFA portal on your computer.
In the drop down menu under "Methode" select "Mobile App" and Press "Save".
Your account is now ready to use the Microsoft Authentication app.
Login NHTV@Work through MyPortal
Login NHTV@Work via myportal.nhtv.nl, if you have succesfully configured the Multi Factor Autentication.
Click All Applications
Click the Citrix icon.
Click the NHTV@Work icon, NHTV@Work will start.
Configure Citrix for Apple computers
Laptop First Time Use *Citrix*
Download PDF: Click here
Changing your NHTV password
Changing the password of your user account hast be done on the laptop itself, when it is connected to the network of NHTV (wireless or with a docking station).
If the password expires, Windows will notify you when you login and ask for a new password.
If the password has not expired, but you still want to change it, perform the following steps:
- Login to the laptop
- Do not go to NHTV@Work, but stay on the local desktop.
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL and choose "Change Password"
- When you see two options: "Change a network password" and "dom1 \ [username]". Select "dom1 \ [username]" and a screen appears in which you can enter your old password and the new password 2 times.
Please logon on mymail.nhtv.nl, you will get a window what says that your password has expired.
You can change your password there.
Note: The password will be changed for the NHTV applications, which require your credentials.
When you are at home you will have to logon on your laptop with your old password, because the laptop is not connected to the network.
When to use the disconnect button in Citrix
This button pauses your citrix session for 4 hours.
ALWAYS use this button if you leave the dockingstation with your laptop or when you close the lid (wireless).
**PREVENTS DATA LOSS**
How to change office 2010 display language
Open a Microsoft Office program, such as Word.
Click File > Options > Language
In the Set the Office Language Preferences dialog box, under Choose Editing Languages, select the editing language that you want to use, click the name of the language that you want to be the default language, click Set as Default.
After you change the default editing language, you need to close all your Office programs, and then open them again for the change to take effect.
Manual add printer
Please be sure you install the printer in the “Home environment, not in CITRIX”
- Press start and choose “Devices and printers”.
- Press “Add a printer”.
- Choose “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer” and press next.
- Choose the printer you want to add and press next.
- The printer is being installed.
- The printer has been added press next.
- If needed choose “Set as the default printer” and press finish.
When your logged in at NHTV@Work (Citrix), the installed printer will also be available in the citrix session.
Please contact the servicedesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 076 533 2233
Source: ICT Support N0.406